JWM Themes Exchange
JWM Themes Exchange
After I created the IceWM Themes Exchange, the occasional poster was moved to ask "Where is the JWM Themes Exchange?" In answer to that, and on account of some new JWM themes being posted by cb88 and others, I have created this thread for JWM devotees.
To get the ball rolling, I have taken a JWM theme created by Tom at the JWM developer forum, and given it the WhoDo treatment. Here is a screenshot of the result. Remember, this is JWM!
Caution! These will overwrite your .jwmrctray and themeslist files, so remember to make a backup copy first if you have altered them.
To get the ball rolling, I have taken a JWM theme created by Tom at the JWM developer forum, and given it the WhoDo treatment. Here is a screenshot of the result. Remember, this is JWM!
Caution! These will overwrite your .jwmrctray and themeslist files, so remember to make a backup copy first if you have altered them.
- Attachments
-
- jwmrc-tray.gz
- Rename to .jwmrc-tray.gz, click to install AFTER dotpet!
- (424 Bytes) Downloaded 9397 times
-
- jwm-vista3.pet
- (51.15 KiB) Downloaded 13706 times
Last edited by WhoDo on Sun 04 Nov 2007, 01:00, edited 2 times in total.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
-
wingruntled
WhoDoCaution! These will overwrite your .jwmrctray and themeslist files
Why overwrite the themeslist? That will destroy any changes that is in the original rendering prior installed themes history. It seems that if the themeslist is appended to is far safer. Instead of a pet package make it just a zip with no themeslist file in it.
whodo I noticed that you have removed the gradient menu is there areason for that? readability? personally I like the gradient menu and it could be altered (change the font?) if readability needs work. the standard menu looks out of place in the vista theme IMO.
since jwm themes are just simple txt files perhaps a compete jwm theme designer could be whiped up in bash and gtkdialog3? a color selector would be essential... if that could be included in rawpup and TS CE then it would ease much of the "I hate jwm craze" not that I personally dislike jwm at all. Although that does make icewm more popular jwm devserves it's due as well...
also the theme gui could manage theme installation
since jwm themes are just simple txt files perhaps a compete jwm theme designer could be whiped up in bash and gtkdialog3? a color selector would be essential... if that could be included in rawpup and TS CE then it would ease much of the "I hate jwm craze" not that I personally dislike jwm at all. Although that does make icewm more popular jwm devserves it's due as well...
also the theme gui could manage theme installation
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30
JWM Themes Exchange
Another theme from Tom
- Attachments
-
- tom_jwm.jpg
- (118.04 KiB) Downloaded 46205 times
The dotpet format and the included themeslist was intended for users who haven't added to JWM themes before. The warning is there for those who have. I wanted to make it easier for those who didn't know how to do it.wingruntled wrote:Why overwrite the themeslist? That will destroy any changes that is in the original rendering prior installed themes history. It seems that if the themeslist is appended to is far safer. Instead of a pet package make it just a zip with no themeslist file in it.
You can unpack a dotpet at the CLI by using the command:
Code: Select all
# pet2tgz filename[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
Entirely accidental. It was late, I was tired, and I failed to notice an extra < in front of thecb88 wrote:whodo I noticed that you have removed the gradient menu is there areason for that? readability? personally I like the gradient menu and it could be altered (change the font?) if readability needs work. the standard menu looks out of place in the vista theme IMO.
I think you probably have me confused with tronkel. My coding days, poor as they were, are long behind me now. I can hack around in what someone else has created, but it hurts my aging brain too much to start from scratch.cb88 wrote:since jwm themes are just simple txt files perhaps a compete jwm theme designer could be whiped up in bash and gtkdialog3? a color selector would be essential... if that could be included in rawpup and TS CE then it would ease much of the "I hate jwm craze" not that I personally dislike jwm at all. Although that does make icewm more popular jwm devserves it's due as well...
also the theme gui could manage theme installation
Last edited by WhoDo on Sat 03 Nov 2007, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
Re: JWM Themes Exchange
Welcome, Tom. What about attaching a tgz file with your theme code so others can install it?Tom Raft wrote:Another theme from Tom
With the advent of JWM 2.x, Puppy's default WM can be very attractive thanks to guys like you who are willing to show their talent.
Cheers
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
New version uploaded at original post. Includes intended menu background and gradients with WhoDo mods.MU wrote:really like them, will add the vista-theme to Muppy008, and Toms version too, if he uploads it
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
Thanks, Mark. Repackaged and uploaded repackaged version to original post. Should be ok now.MU wrote:v3 is packaged wrong, not in subfolder /jwm-vista3
But looks great after I manually copied the files
Cheers
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com
-
wingruntled
How about scaling that image down? Not all of us have seven foot wide monitors ...
[size=84][i]hangout:[/i] ##b0rked on irc.freenode.net
[i]diversion:[/i] [url]http://alienjeff.net[/url] - visit The Fringe
[i]quote:[/i] "The foundation of authority is based upon the consent of the people." - Thomas Hooker[/size]
[i]diversion:[/i] [url]http://alienjeff.net[/url] - visit The Fringe
[i]quote:[/i] "The foundation of authority is based upon the consent of the people." - Thomas Hooker[/size]
Talking Stick themes
There needs to be a new jwm theme for the next puppy 3.03 ce release. Im going to keep an eye on this thread!
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]
Sorry, my server is down atm!
Sorry, my server is down atm!
-
wingruntled
JWM Themes Exchange
Sorry for the big image.
IT's my first time on a forum. Because I'm no programmer/ coder I can't deliver a package. So I post the essential parts of my .jwmrc and .jwmrc-tray. Also my english is bad.
.jwmrc
DejaVu Sans 9:bold
4
20
gold
gray50:lightsteelblue
gold
black
gray60
gray50:black
gray60
black
DejaVu Sans 12:bold
black
orange:yellow
gray60
gray50:black
DejaVu Sans 12:bold
gray10
white
black
gray
gray20
#0E58B3
gray20
DejaVu Sans 12:bold
white
gray20
black
yellow:orange
DejaVu Sans 10
black
black
ivory
.jwmrc-tray
blinkydelayed -bg gray20
mini-volume.tcl -bg gray20 -mixer pvolume-mixer.tcl
freememapplet
xload -nolabel -bg gold -fg red -hl white
Best regards
Tom
IT's my first time on a forum. Because I'm no programmer/ coder I can't deliver a package. So I post the essential parts of my .jwmrc and .jwmrc-tray. Also my english is bad.
.jwmrc
DejaVu Sans 9:bold
DejaVu Sans 12:bold
DejaVu Sans 12:bold
DejaVu Sans 12:bold
DejaVu Sans 10
.jwmrc-tray
blinkydelayed -bg gray20
mini-volume.tcl -bg gray20 -mixer pvolume-mixer.tcl
freememapplet
xload -nolabel -bg gold -fg red -hl white
Best regards
Tom
Edit Image
Hi, how would someone go about editing the image used for the start (menu) button, thanks
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]
Sorry, my server is down atm!
Sorry, my server is down atm!
in /root/.jwmrc-tray edit the line that reads
Either use the full path to the icon or ensure it is inside one of the font directories declared in /root/.jwmrc. I know it supports xpm and png but you'd have to check for other formats. It can resize the icon.
Code: Select all
root:3 white inactive widows black active gradient taskbar(black/white) and gradient selection in menu (red/black) pager is orange/black
Code: Select all
DejaVu Sans 12
5
20
white
#000000
#faed00
black
black
#FFFFFF
#faed00
black
-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*
24
#000000
#ffffff
FreeSans-12:bold
white
black:#9dbbdb
white
gray50:black
#219221
#ffa800
#000000
#000000
#ffa800
-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-*-140-*-*-*-*-*-*
black
black
lightyellow
-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-*-140-*-*-*-*-*-*
#000000
#ffffff
#FFFFFF
#000000:ffffff
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30
