how do I change the date format when using power apps?

Ashley.singapore 0 Reputation points
2024-11-05T10:44:40.9333333+00:00

when trying to build a power app i can see no way to change the date format from mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy? what am i missing?

Community Center | Not monitored

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-05T11:48:28.8333333+00:00

    Hi Ashley.singapore,

    Thank you for reaching out to us on the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    I tested the date format change on my end, and it worked successfully. I’ve attached screenshots to demonstrate how I applied the formula Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, "dd/mm/yyyy") in Power Apps, which converts the selected date to display in the day/month/year format.

    User's image User's image

    If you are still facing any issue, please let us know in the comments and where you are encountering this error along with the screenshot for reference. We are glad to help you.

    Please don’t forget to Accept Answer and Yes for "was this answer helpful" wherever the information provided helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  2. Gérard Oomens 132.7K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-05T21:09:58.14+00:00

    Post/ask in the Power Apps community:

    https://community.powerplatform.com/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Heather Schott 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-05T18:43:01.8066667+00:00

    Hello,

    The above answer was successful for me in my Dataverse canvas app. I had one follow-on error on the Card - Update Properties, after deleting the Hours and Minutes boxes after the date. I still want the Date Picker, with only the date only. Please advise.

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.