You are not logged in.

#1 2026-09-28 10:44:44

Artlav
Member
Registered: 2016-07-11
Posts: 38
Website

XFCE, Viber hijacks all notifications?

After some update some time this summer i started having a problem where clicking on any desktop notification would open Viber (if it's already running) along with whatever program the notification was from.
This is on XFCE.

I tried looking at dbus events, but there is just an "org.freedesktop.Notifications.ActionInvoked", and nothing else that would look relevant.
There is an "org.freedesktop.host.portal.Registry.Register" request early on that returns a "Could not register app ID: Connection already associated with an application ID" error, which also doesn't seem too relevant.

I don't have access to the issue tracker, so am just leaving this here in case someone else ran across it or knows how to fix it.

Offline

#2 2026-09-28 11:52:14

SimonJ
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2021-05-11
Posts: 388
Website

Re: XFCE, Viber hijacks all notifications?

Whatsie had this issue and they fixed in the whatsie code, I would think viber needs to be fixed also. Have you reported it to them?


Rlu: 222126

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB