You are not logged in.

#1 2026-09-26 10:56:52

Ekkie
Member
Registered: 2026-09-26
Posts: 2

[SOLVED] Blender crashes due to missing libjsoncpp.so.26

Hello, even after running a system update, blender has failed to launch with the following output:

 @newarch in /usr/lib
 ➤ blender
blender: error while loading shared libraries: libjsoncpp.so.26: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I double-checked that blender really does require libjsoncpp.so.26 by downloading the blender package straight from a mirror and analyzing it with ldd:

 @newarch in ~/Desktop
 ➤ ldd blender
        <...>
        libjsoncpp.so.26 => not found
        <...>

The jsoncpp package currently only provides libjsoncpp.so.27 and according to pacman -F, no package currently provides libjsoncpp.so.26. I have managed to duct-tape a fix by creating a symlink named libjsoncpp.so.26 pointing to libjsoncpp.so, though this might end up breaking more things in the long run. Can anyone reproduce this issue? Is there a more proper fix available?

For reference, I'm on these relevant versions:
blender 17:5.2.2-2
jsoncpp 1.9.8-1

Last edited by Ekkie (2026-09-26 11:26:53)

Offline

#2 2026-09-26 11:09:14

WorMzy
Administrator
From: Scotland
Registered: 2010-06-16
Posts: 13,674
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Blender crashes due to missing libjsoncpp.so.26

Use lddtree (from pax-utils) rather than ldd to see where the dependency is coming from. And don't symlink soname files.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/System … nsupported


Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Online

#3 2026-09-26 11:26:33

Ekkie
Member
Registered: 2026-09-26
Posts: 2

Re: [SOLVED] Blender crashes due to missing libjsoncpp.so.26

Ah, thanks! Didn't know about lddtree. Apparently I had installed openxr-loader-git instead of openxr when setting up VR, though I don't remember why exactly. Since openxr-loader-git hasn't updated in years, the old build was still pointing to libjsoncpp.so.26. Replacing that package with openxr fixed things for me.

And don't symlink soname files.

Yeah that felt like a bad idea the moment I had it.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB