You are not logged in.

#1 2026-09-23 19:09:38

nicohubrach
Member
Registered: 2026-09-23
Posts: 2

[SOLVED] bluetooth connection crashes upon stream creation

Dear Internet,

i am currently dealing with an issue regarding bluetooth that I can't fix.
I have a bluetooth speaker which I want to connect to and play music on.
For that I have all the necessary packages installed and yesterday I was able to successfully connect to the device via e.g. bluetoothctl.
The speaker got registered as a new sink and displayed in something like pavucontrol but once I try and actually play music on it, nothing happens and the connection shortly after closes.

The same thing happens for my airpods so I am ruling out a hardware issue.
Moreover I have another laptop on which arch is also installed and from which i can connect to both the speaker and my airpods and play music without problem.

As of writing this, I realized that I now can't seem to properly connect to the device either.

I have the following packages installed as by https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Bluetooth and https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PipeWire,
pipewire
pipewire-alsa
pipewire-audio
pipewire-jack
pipewire-pulse
wireplumber
bluez
bluez-deprecated-tools
bluez-libs
bluez-utils

And bluetooth.service is enabled.

I manually ran /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd -n -d following https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Blueto … leshooting and saw that the connection seemed stable up until I tried playing music when the logs suggested something along the lines of stream creation failed.
I don't have the logs anymore unfortunately.
I tried downgrading linux-firmware-atheros which did not help either.
What I find suspicion is that the speaker reports on its connection partner once it has established a connection and for my other devices that happens in an instant once I initiate pairing but for this computer no message is given.
My bluetooth hardware is the asus pce-ax1800 and i found that it uses the mt7921e kernel driver if that helps anyone.

Some time ago I remember pairing on windows which worked at the time.

I hope somebody out there can help me (:
I can easily provide more information. Im just not sure what might be helpful. I am at my wits end here.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by nicohubrach (2026-09-24 20:47:55)

Offline

#2 2026-09-23 22:21:05

killertofus
Member
Registered: 2025-02-10
Posts: 248

Re: [SOLVED] bluetooth connection crashes upon stream creation

does bluez-git work?


I Have Linux Perl Can i Download Gnome???

Offline

#3 2026-09-24 20:47:11

nicohubrach
Member
Registered: 2026-09-23
Posts: 2

Re: [SOLVED] bluetooth connection crashes upon stream creation

bluez-git simply just works.
thanks a ton for the suggestion ^^
I saw this https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Blueto … ew_moments and even tried versions < 5.83 but this did not fix it either.

Have a great rest of your day

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB