You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Topic closed
Hi,
I faced a problem with Gajim Jabber client on Arch Linux.
It requests for a password every application start, but works fine on Manjaro, which is also based on Arch Linux.
I've tried to install Gajim from community package and Git-version too, both gives the same result.
I get notification "Authentication failed: no-password" and client opens a window "Password required" and requires the password to enter.
Hope for your help!
Offline
It uses python-keyring which mandates you are using and storing the password in a relevant keyring implementation. During installation you will have seen a list of optional packages, explaining their function and how that relates to gaijim.
Depending on what your general environment is you have multiple options here, if you use gnome/GTK based you might want to set up gnome-keyring: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GNOME/Keyring
If you use plasma/KDE you'll want to install python-dbus and set up Kwallet: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/KDE_Wallet
If the dependencies aren't lying then keepassxc might be yet another option.
What environment are you using on Manjaro and what on Arch?
Last edited by V1del (2021-08-11 13:09:19)
Offline
Hi @V1del,
I am using XFCE on Arch and have been facing the same issue.
Do you have any suggestion on what steps I should take to solve this problem?
Thank you in advance!
PS: I keep my Gajim (Jabber) passwords saved in KeepPassXC.
Offline
This thread is 5 years old, you should start a new one and not necrobump and old one. Is Keepassxc your secret service provider and is the location of the jabber passwords exposed to the system? Did the system put them there?
Rlu: 222126
Offline
Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD
Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.
Offline
Pages: 1
Topic closed